This healthy salad awakens the taste buds with the flavors of fresh fruit, herbs and greens of the season!
For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1–2 tsp. honey (raw), to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 8 apricots, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 4–5 twists of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1–2 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios (optional)
- Put all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a glass measuring cup or bowl and whisk together.
- Mince the basil and add it to the vinaigrette right before dressing your salad.
- Slice the apricots in half and remove the pit.
- Slice the onion thinly. Set aside.
- Rub the apricots with olive oil and season the flesh side of the apricots with a little sea salt and pepper, if you like.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat. Once warm, place the apricots flesh side down. Cook just until warmed and grill marks show. Flip and cook on the skin side for another minute. Set aside.
- Place the arugula on a serving platter or individual bowls or plates. Drizzle with half of the dressing and gently massage into the arugula.
- Top the salad with the apricot halves, onions, goat cheese and pistachios (if using).
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
- Add a little extra minced basil to the arugula for added flavor.
- Add some grilled chicken to this salad to make it a meal.
Keywords: healthy salad, gluten free