This gluten free granola is easy to prepare and made with healthy ingredients. It makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3/4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the oats, coconut, nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl. Add in the salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup to the coconut oil and mix well. Stir the mixture into the oat mixture.
- Place the granola on the parchment lined baking sheet and press it down into the baking sheet and to all corners of the pan. Doing this allows the granola to form together while baking and gives you the ability to break it apart in clusters.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the granola is light brown in color. Remove it from the oven and top with the dried cherries. Let it sit for another 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Once the granola is cooled, break it apart with your hands and store in an airtight container.
If sensitive to coconut, omit the shredded coconut and replace the coconut oil with ghee or butter
Feel free to select other nuts, seeds or dried fruits to include in your granola
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, healthy breakfast, healthy snack