This baked salmon dish is easy to make with few ingredients. It is sure to become a family favorite!
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or gluten free tamari)
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root, minced
For the Fish:
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon, wild caught
- freshly ground black pepper, to season (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade and whisk well.
- Cut the salmon into 4-6 pieces.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish or a zip top bag. Pour the marinade over the salmon and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Oil a 9×13 baking dish with avocado oil.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit during the last 10 minutes the salmon is marinating.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the remaining marinade to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue to cook on low heat until the marinade reduces to about 1/4 cup and thickens.
- Slice the green onions and set aside.
- Once the salmon is done cooking, transfer it to serving plates and pour a little of the reduced sauce over each piece. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper (optional). Top with the green onions.
This salmon can be marinated up to 24 hours before cooking. To save time the day of cooking, marinate the salmon overnight.
Keywords: dairy free, nut free, pescitarian, gluten free