This pumpkin mousse is made with cottage cheese, so it is loaded with protein and lower in sugar than your standard dessert treat.
- 2 cups cottage cheese, organic
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, for topping (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Top with some dry roasted chopped pecans or some whipping cream if you want to make this more decadent.
- Use full fat cottage cheese to make this creamier.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Add the toppings when serving.
- Adjust the amount of pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup and vanilla to your taste. Start with less than the recipe calls for and add more as you taste.
Keywords: gluten free