This bruschetta appetizer is twist on a classic but uses strawberries for some great summer freshness!
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced finely
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin and cold pressed
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze (or balsamic reduction)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 loaf French bread, gluten free
- Make the bruschetta topping first. Dice the tomatoes, strawberries and onion and add them to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped basil to the mixture along with the olive oil and balsamic glaze/reduction. Season with a pinch or two of sea salt and taste.
- Set the bruschetta topping aside while you grill the bread.
- Slice the bread into pieces and brush each side of bread with a little olive oil.
- Grill on medium heat until lightly toasted on each side.
- Top each piece of bread with some of the bruschetta topping just before serving.
- You can substitute a regular French bread loaf if not eating gluten free.
- The bruschetta topping will keep in the refrigerator for a few days, but is best served fresh.
- This bruschetta topping is delicious on some grilled chicken rubbed with some olive oil and seasoned with my Mediterranean seasoning or some Italian seasoning.
Keywords: gluten free, easy summer appetizer, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian