This delicious summer salad is a perfect complement to your favorite grilled dish and so easy to make!
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, organic and cold pressed
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
For the Salad:
- 1 ½ cups fire roasted corn (thawed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil (or cilantro), minced
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Dice the cucumber and green onion and halve the cherry tomatoes. Add them to a mixing bowl along with the corn.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and mix well. Add in the fresh basil/cilantro and avocado. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Feel free to use fresh sweet corn in season. Cook the corn if you choose this option. You can either cook the corn on the cob and remove the kernels or remove the kernels raw and then cook them in a skillet with a little oil until tender.
- Add a little cotija cheese, if not eating dairy free or vegan.
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian