This gluten free apple crisp is simple to make and so delicious! It makes a perfect Fall dessert.
- 4 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, organic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, gluten free
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten free
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the fruit and place it in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to the butter and stir well.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour and oats) and stir until well combined.
- Put the mixture on top of the apples and bake for 30 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Let the crisp rest to cool a bit before serving.
- This crisp can be made with many different fruit options (strawberries, rhubarb, peaches, blueberries, etc.).
- Double the batch and cook the crisp in a 9×13 pan.
- You can make this with coconut oil or ghee instead of butter to make it lactose friendly or vegan, but the crisp topping will be a little flatter in consistency.
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream or with whipping cream made with pure maple syrup.
Keywords: gluten free with dairy free options