This healthy watermelon smoothie celebrates the fresh fruits and herbs of the summer season and tastes so refreshing.
- 1 cup watermelon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup arugula (or cucumber slices)
- 5–6 mint leaves
- 5–6 basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 scoop of protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Use an organic and vegan protein powder to keep this recipe vegan and dairy free.
- Feel free to substitute cucumbers for the arugula, which will give the smoothie a milder taste. If you want to pack the smoothie with more veggies, add both!
- You can use grass-fed collagen in place of protein powder, if you prefer.
- Use non-dairy milk in place of the water, if you prefer
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, vegetarian