This berry sauce is a tasty complement to your favorite ice cream, a flourless chocolate cake, panna cotta or simply a bowl of yogurt.
I first tried this recipe to go with a panna cotta I was making for a dinner party. Since then, I’ve discovered many other ways to use it.
What is even better is that it keeps in the refrigerator for weeks, so I’m able to make a little extra to put into yogurt bowls or drizzle over ice cream.
I can’t wait to try making other versions of this when peaches, rhubarb and a few other ingredients come into season!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Berries (fresh or frozen)
- Baking Soda
- Arrowroot or corn starch
- Lemon juice
Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan, boil and then simmer until it reaches the consistency you like. Super easy!
Once the berry sauce is done, let it cool and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.Print
This is a delicious and simple homemade berry sauce you can make in minutes.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch (or corn starch)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Mix the berries, honey, starch, water and lemon juice together in a saucepan
- Heat to boiling and then lower to simmer until it reaches your desired thickness
- Pour berry sauce into a bowl and let it cool before refrigerating
This sauce will keep for several weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Keywords: dairy free, vegetarian, quick, easy, no refined sugar