Start your day with this nutritious and anti-inflammatory smoothie. A smoothie is gentler on the digestive system and can be packed with nutrients your body needs.
I try to balance each smoothie I make with carbohydrates from greens and fruits, healthy fats and protein. These ingredients give me energy, leave me feeling full and keep my blood sugars stable.
This smoothie is my go to recipe when I need an an immunity boost or when I’m just craving ginger!
Health Benefits of Key Ingredients:
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory, eases stress on the digestive system
- Chia Seeds – high in omega fatty acids & fiber that aids digestion
- Leafy Greens – rich in many nutrients like vitamins A & K
- Mango – antioxidant, high in vitamins A & C and enzymes that aid in digestion of proteins
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Making this Recipe:
Start by peeling and slicing the ginger and set it aside.
Next, put all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. It’s that simple!Print
Delicious and nutritious, this smoothie is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger and turmeric, healthy omega fats, leafy greens, protein and tropical fruits that make it taste oh so good!
- 1/2 cup mango (frozen)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric, ground
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced (about 1/2 inch)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or Nutri Bullet and blend until smooth
- Substitute another non-dairy milk for the oat milk (coconut, almond, cashew, hemp, etc.)
- Substitute pineapple for the mango, if preferred
- If you really like ginger, try making ginger tea and steeping the ginger slices in it. Store the brewed tea in the refrigerator overnight so it is chilled. Use this in place of the water.
Keywords: dairy free, anti-inflammatory, vegan, vegetarian